Let me tell you about me.
I’m a nerd. Scientist. Latina. Mom. Personal Trainer. Nutritionist. Explorer. Romantic. Globe Trotter. Dance-a-holic. Health Freak. Cook.
I graduated with a BSc with Honors in Human Nutrition from University in London, England and got a job with MRC. MRC is the Medical Research Council attached to Cambridge University, and working here was a privilege that’s heavily impacted my approach to health. This is the institution which found the genome, DNA, antibiotics and won 32 Nobel Prizes – so I learned what I could in the company of giants.
As an internationally certified Personal Trainer (with more years of experience than I’d care to admit) and scientific nutritionist, I see the world slightly differently than most people.
Life confuses me, but fitness and nutrition don’t. And the reason is that fitness and nutrition are subjects that I see through the eyes of a scientist – not a consumer.
But you don’t need to go to university for four years to be a scientist. The principles that make scientists see their subject matter more clearly than non-scientists, can themselves be learned as habits rather than references. And that is the heart and soul of my How2LiveOnEarth System, which I invite you to join me in living by.
- BSc Degree Human Nutrition, 1st with Honors – London Metropolitan University
- Flexibility & Mobility Certification – NashFit
- Personal Trainer License – Certified through the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Tri-Lingual – English, Spanish and Portuguese
- First Aid Certified
- Spin, Bootcamp, Battle-Ropes, Kettle-Bell, TRX Certified – through various respected agencies